Craftmeister Etsy Shop

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Babies are a Hoot!

As some of you may know already, my sister and brother in law are expecting their first child in April.  So you know what that means...


BABY SHOWER!!

The duty fell on my other sister and me to create a fun, festive, and surprise baby shower for the mom-to-be.  We went with Owls as a theme, and I'd like to share with you some of the highlights from the party! 

Great location, Awesome food.  All made by my sister, Heidi! 

Decorating the area with paper onsies on yarn with mini baby colored clothes pins

Games!  
 Words for the Wee Hours!  I asked people to write funny things on diapers with sharpies to make the mom-to-be giggle while changing the baby in the middle of the night. 
Hilarious fun!
Everybody wrote out diaper giggles for the mom-to-be. 
Baby Shower Bingo!  I printed out a template I found online and glued it to colorful cardstock. Note to self, next time have pens. 
Thank you to Linda and Angel for modelling the bingo cards


Ice Ice Baby!  Another pinterest inspired idea.  I put plastic babies in ice trays and froze them. When the ice melts, the guest yells "My water broke" for a prize!  You can find the babies at Party City, or a craft store.  Mostly everybody added babies to their drinks and had a lot of fun watching them melt.  One attendee had twins!

Cool game - literally! 






What Baby Shower would be complete without a diaper cake?  My wonderfully talented sister-in-law created this masterpiece for the new mommy. 
I love the sock ears!

And what party would be complete without real cake!?

I created the owl cupcakes with Oreos, mini oreos, and Reeses Pieces.  My sister had the baby cupcakes made from a local bakery.  The one in the red hat is Ingrid, the new mommy.  The other cutie pie is Matt, the new daddy.  

They got a lot of great gifts.  Lots of thoughtful items, some heirlooms, handmade creations, adorable outfits.  All the great thing you'd want to see at a fun Baby Shower.  


The last gift my sister opened was something I've been working on for a long time, and I haven't been able to share my progress on my blog, because it was a surprise!  But here it is!  

Sewing machine making a cameo appearance.

The back of the blanket, lined with fleece.

I started this in October and finished it the Wednesday before the shower.  I didn't really have a layout in mind when creating it, I kinda winged it.  But I'm incredibly happy with the result.  I love the tilted granny squares on the top and the bottom.  They're not the typical granny squares, and it adds a nice color block to the blanket.  It's so super thick, so warm!  I'm going to miss crocheting it to keep my legs warm.  Needless to say, she loved it!


It was really a wonderful day.  Thank you to everybody who came and helped us make such happy memories!

~The Craftmeister

No comments:

Post a Comment