Craftmeister Etsy Shop

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Holy Autumn!

Fall has always been my favorite season.  When I was in school I never admitted it, because the other kids would say "Fall is when we go back to school.... NERD!"   Well now that being a nerd is in, and I'm no longer in school, I can say it loud and proud!

I LOVE AUTUMN!!

The smells, the colors, the sunny and cool days, the chilly and clear nights.  Everything about it is amazing, and sends my senses into overdrive.  And it helps that I have no fall allergies :-)

Here's a picture I took today at the Bellvale Creamery here in Warwick.  the trees there are so beautiful, they have a fantastic view.  And the homemade ice-cream there is phenomenal!  I definitely recommend it to anybody coming up for the Apple-Picking season!


One thing that comes up every year with fall, is the pumpkin spice.  I'm not a huge pumpkin fan, but I don't hate it.  Somethings though I just can't have pumpkin flavored.  Pumpkin lattes are one thing, but pumpkin flavored cream cheese (saw it in the supermarket) is not for me.

I was going through my cabinets looking for some cookie inspiration, and I found this...



Pumpkin... pudding?  No thanks.  However, I got the pumpkin pudding mix from a friend and I couldn't just toss it or tell them "Ehhh, I really don't like pumpkin pudding... "    So I looked up online how I can turn this pudding mix into cookies or cupcakes or something more pumpkin friendly.  I stumbled upon this wonderful blog that tells you just that!  Here's the original recipe I found:

M&MPumpkinCookies

I didn't have any M&Ms on hand, and I was fresh out of pumpkin spice (just kidding, I never had that stuff). So I used white chocolate chips (left over from the bride and groom pretzels I tortured my sisters and sister in law with) and cinnamon in place of the pumpkin pie spice.  I also topped them with cream cheese icing and a dark chocolate chip (left over from the groom's tuxes).

So if you'd like for your kitchen to smell as awesome as mine does, here's what you'll need:

Make about 45 cookies (I made 47)
1 cup Butter, softened  (I nuked mine in the microwave just to be sure they were soft, they came out melted)
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 box Instant Jello Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 1/4 cups Flour (all purpose)
~1 cup white chocolate chips

Mix/Beat butter & sugar & brown sugar until creamy (Hello, mixmaster making my life easier)
Add eggs and vanilla to mixture, mix again.   In separate bowl toss together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and dry pumpkin pudding mix.  Slowly add to butter/sugar mixture.  Add White chocolate chips (mix them in by hand, I used the mixmaster for this part and it clunked around, this is an easy step to mix by hand)
Plop cookies onto cookie sheets (I used two large, one medium size one) using a teaspoon.  Bake at 375 for ~9 minutes.  They will look undone at 9 min.  Do NOT put them back in the oven.  Let them sit on the cookie sheets for about three minutes, then you can move them to a cooling rack.  After they fully cool, ice with icing of your choice, garnish however you want - if you want.  I added cinnamon and a dark chocolate chip in the center.
Out of the oven - they don't look finished and fail the toothpick test miserably, but TRUST ME!!

They taste so cakey and delicious!   And I love how Autumn they are!




So cake-y and yummy!  (Yes, that's my bite mark)
Now this was my first recipe on a blog, next time I'll take pictures during the process, and the stereo-typical picture of all the ingredients used.  I would have done it after, but there was flour all over!  Next time, I promise.  ;-)

Enjoy!   And GO OUTSIDE!  It's BEAUTIFUL outside!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sample - they were yummy! Matt said to thank you for only giving us 6 (3 each) otherwise he would have eaten them all in one sitting! Can't wait to try your next recipe!

    ReplyDelete